Updated February 16, 2017
INSTAVIN is committed to providing you with a positive experience during your visit to the website located at www.INSTAVIN.com (or any successor to it) and any services, content or functionality available through or on the website and any INSTAVIN mobile applications (collectively, the "INSTAVIN Service"), while respecting and striving to protect your personal privacy.
By submitting personal information to INSTAVIN, by conducting business with INSTAVIN or by using INSTAVIN's services, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement and expressly consent to the collection, processing, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
Scope of Policy
The INSTAVIN Service is intended for use by an adult general audience. The INSTAVIN Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and INSTAVIN does not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of 13. If we learn that anyone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information through the INSTAVIN Service, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly delete it.
Information Collection, Usage and Disclosure
Our web server tracks and collects general information about your visit to our website. We collect these statistics to determine the number of daily visitors to our website, the daily requests for particular files, the types of browsers our visitors use, the visitors' domain names, and countries of origin. This data helps us to customize our website to facilitate the on-line experience through enhanced navigation or to suggest areas in which we may improve the structure and content of the site. We may request and store the following types of specific information: your name, company name, street address, city, county, state, country, province, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, mobile location information (if you have activated a mobile application with us and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data), and financial account information. Some of the information collected by INSTAVIN may be personal information. INSTAVIN mobile applications may also disclose certain permissions for certain device settings such as CAMERA, RECORD_AUDIO, READ_PHONE_STATE, GET_ACCOUNTS and READ_CONTACTS. The information we collect is used to improve the content and quality of the INSTAVIN Service.
INSTAVIN uses information that is collected for the following general purposes:
- to process your applications and related documents;
- to verify the information that you provide to INSTAVIN;
- to verify, evaluate and/or monitor your creditworthiness;
- to assist with the collection of any amounts owing by you to INSTAVIN;
- to contact you in response to any transactions, requests, complaints or comments you may have;
- to contact you to provide you with information regarding INSTAVIN's business;
- to provide advertisements to you through our website, email messages, mobile applications or other methods of communication;
- to administer surveys, contests or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us, our vendors or other third party service providers;
- to help us to develop, evaluate and improve our sales and marketing strategies and techniques;
- to operate and improve our web site and/or mobile applications;
- to provide third parties with information necessary to permit that third party to conduct business with INSTAVIN and/or effectively provide you with services;
- to assist INSTAVIN and third parties in evaluating the vehicle history report industry; and
- to respond to legal process and reasonable inquiries from regulatory and/or investigative authorities.
Information is not shared with or sold to others for commercial purposes, except to provide the products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may share personal and/or aggregated information that you have provided with other business divisions within the KAR Auction Services, Inc. group of companies.
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law, regulation or governmental request.
- We may share and/or transfer information if INSTAVIN is acquired by or merged with another company.
Aggregate Data and Tracking
From time to time, we may analyse browsing information and aggregate data for quality assurance, contextual advertising and other similar activities. We do not collect, and it is not our current policy to allow third parties to collect “targeted” cookies (persistent identifiers tracking users over time across different sites and services) for marketing purposes. In addition, we do not currently respond to “Do Not Track (DNT)” browser signals.
INSTAVIN takes commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. Of course, we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information on the Internet. The password-protected areas of the INSTAVIN Service are secured by industry standard encryption. However, it is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password(s) and other user credentials. You are also required to log-in to your INSTAVIN account after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account.
The INSTAVIN Service and related content and materials are the property of INSTAVIN or its licensors, and are protected under applicable intellectual property and other laws, including under the appropriate jurisdictions' copyright and trademark laws, and international conventions. Except as explicitly provided by INSTAVIN, you may not transmit, display, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit the INSTAVIN Service. Automated means, such as but not limited to scrapers or spiders, may not be used to collect and/or index any information contained on our sites. You may not (a) reproduce, (b) store a significant portion, (c) distribute copies of, (d) frame content of, or (e) incorporate into another website, materials or intellectual property from our sites or services without the prior written consent of INSTAVIN.
All personally identifiable information you provide to INSTAVIN is secured on servers with restricted access. We reserve the right to use third party agents and service providers, who are bound by strict confidentiality guidelines, to perform storage and processing functions. We will store your personal information for as long as there is a business need for it in accordance with applicable record retention policies and a range of legal and regulatory recordkeeping requirements.
Opt-Out and Changes
You have choices about how we use your personal information. If you would like to unsubscribe from future instaVIN email communication, please reply via email and type "unsubscribe" in the subject line. INSTAVIN may periodically update this policy. Consequently, you should review the Policy periodically. We may also notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your INSTAVIN primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice via the INSTAVIN Service. You should sign on to your account regularly for these and other important announcements.
Questions and Information